Article Submission Guidelines
Articles should be written on A4 stationary leaving a margin of 2.5 cm on all sides and with 1.5 spaced lines. Pages should not be numbered.
* Title should be written on the first line with 14 size Arial type, bold lettering . Title should be centered.
* Only the first letter of each word in the title should be capitalized.
* The Turkish title should be followed by the English title in the following line below.
- Author’s (or authors’) name should be written below the title after one blank one space, in 12 size Arial type and unbold lettering.
- On the line below the author’s name, her/his institution where she is employed should be written in 12 size Arial type and unbold lettering.
- Authors’ academic title, university, faculty, department, and e-mail address should be written at the bottom of the first page as a footnote.
*Abstract of the article should be written in 10 size Arial type with 1.5 line spacing.
* The abstract should be structured so as to include the purpose, method and conclusion of the article.
*The abstract should be limited to 120 words.
* Below the abstract a minimum of three or a maximum of six keywords should be included.
* Below the abstract in Turkish, an English translation of it along with the keywords in English should be given.
- The main text should be written in 11 size Arial type with 1.5 line spacing.
- The main text should be comprised of the following sections: Introduction, Method, Findings, Conclusion and Discussion and References.
- Subtitles should start without indentation and be written in 12 size, bold Arial type lettering.
Tables and Figures (if there are any)
- Tables and Figures should be arranged and placed inside the main text so as to be ready for printing.
- Tables and Figures should be numbered consecutively and should bear a title.
- Titles of Tables and Figures should start on the left margin, written in 11 size bold Arial type lettering.
- Tables should not have any vertical lines; but, horizontal lines should be limited to three in number.
Indicating a Reference Within the Text
- The source of any quotations from some other work should be indicated within paranthesis in the main text. That is citation should be in the main text not in the footnotes.
- Inside the paranthesis there should be author’s last name, year of publication and page number as in the following example : (Sever, 2013: 25).
- If within the same paranthesis reference to more than one author is to be made, the authors should be cited in alphabetical order of the last names of the authors, in the manner below. Sample: (Göktürk, 1998; Uygur, 1985; Vygotsky, 1962).
- When the original resource is not accessible, then the intermediate person can be cited as follows: (From Togan, 1981 cited in Duman, 2013: 75).
All works cited in the text should be included in the reference list
All works in the reference list should be arranged by authors’ last names in alphabetical order.
Below are samples of citations of books, articles, papers, thesis work and dictionary in a reference list.
A Book by a Single Author: Sever, Sedat (2013) Çocuk Edebiyatı ve Okuma Kültürü. İzmir: Tudem yayınları.
A Book by Several Authors: Sever,S., Kaya, Z. And Aslan, C. (2006) Etkinliklerle Türkçe Öğretimi. Ankara: Morpa Yayınları.
Section of a Book: Acan, F. (1996) “Türkiye’de Kadın Akademisyenler: Tarihsel Evrim ve Bugünkü Durum”, H. Coşkun (Ed.) Akademik Yaşamda Kadın (pp. 75-87). Ankara: Türk-Alman Kültür İşleri Yayını.
Translation Work: Duverger, M. (1986) Sosyal Bilimlere Giriş. (Translated by: Ü. Oksay), Ankara: Bilgi Yayınevi.
Thesis Work: Karagül, Sedat (2010) “İlköğretim 6-8 Sınıf Öğrencilerinin Türkçe Dersi Öğretim Programında Belirtilen Yazım ve Noktalama Kurallarını Uygulayabilme Düzeyi.” Unpublished MA Thesis, Dokuz Eylül University, Institute of Education, İzmir.
Dictionary: Academy of Sciences of Turkey (2011) Turkish Dictionary of Scientific Terms in Social Sciences. Ankara: Yeni Reform Matbaacılık.
Article: Sever, Sedat (2002) “Öğretim Dili Olarak Türkçenin Sorunları ve Öğretme-Öğrenme Sürecindeki Etkili Yaklaşımlar”, Ankara Üniversitesi Eğitim Bilimleri Fakültesi Dergisi, 1-2: 15-18.
Proceedings Book: Sever,Sedat (2007) “Türkçe Öğretiminde Sanatsal Bir Uyaran Olarak Karikatürün Kullanımı” (pp. 222-229), VI Ulusal Sınıf Öğretmenliği Sempozyumu Bildirileri Kitabı. Eskişehir: Nobel Yayın Dağıtım.